Last updated: January 26, 2020
Thanks for using Roost! Your trust is important to us and we’re committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. The information that’s shared with us helps us to operate the Roost Platform and provide a great experience for our Roosters. We are dedicated to protecting all the personal information we collect and committed ensuring that personal information is handled properly. We strongly encourage you to communicate using Roost’s Messaging System. It’s the safest way to communicate with your roommate.
1.2 Data Controller
When paying through the Roost does not store your payment information. All payment services are processed by our payment processor Stripe, Inc. (“Payments Data Controller”). For questions or concerns about the privacy and security of your personal payment information, please review Stripe’s Privacy Policies and Data Processing Agreement. By using the Roost platform you agree to and are bound by all of Stripe’s terms and policies.
2. Information We Collect
There are three general categories of information we collect.
2.1 Information You Give to Us.
2.1.1 Information that is necessary for the use of the Roost Platform.
We ask for and collect the following personal information about you when you use the Roost Platform. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us and to allow us to comply with our legal obligations. Without it, we may not be able to provide you with any or all the requested services.
- Account and Profile Information. When you sign up for a Roost Account and make your Roost Profile, we require certain information including but not limited to your first name, last name, email address, phone number, sex and/or gender, date of birth, photos, language(s), location, a personal description (bio) and a profile picture. Some of this information as indicated in your Profile settings is part of your Roost Profile, and will be visible to Potential Roommates.
- Identity Verification Information. To help create and maintain trust on the Roost Platform, we may collect identity verification information (such as images of your government-issued ID, passport, national ID card, or driving license, as permitted by applicable laws) or other authentication information.
- Accommodation Information. When you make a booking you are required to tell us your check-in date, checkout date, and preferred level of accommodation.
- Payment Information. To use certain features of the Roost Platform (such as completing a booking), we may require you to provide certain financial information (like your credit card information) in order to facilitate the processing of payments (via Stripe).
- Communications with Roost and other Roosters. When you communicate with Roost or use the Roost Platform to communicate with other Roosters, we collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide.
2.1.2 Information you choose to give us.
You may choose to provide us with additional personal information in order to obtain a better user experience when using Roost Platform. This additional information will be processed based on our legitimate interest or when applicable, your consent.
- Other Information. You may otherwise choose to provide us information when you refer a friend, write a review, fill in a form, update or add information to your Roost Account, respond to surveys, post to community forums, participate in promotions, communicate with our support team, share your experience with us, or use other features of the Roost Platform.
2.1.3 Information that is Necessary for Payments on the Roost Platform.
The Payments Data Controller needs to collect the following information necessary for the adequate performance of the contract with you and to comply with applicable law. Without it, you will not be able to use the Roost Platform:
- Payment Information. When paying on the Roost Platform, the Payments Data Controller requires certain financial information (like credit card information) in order to process payments and comply with applicable law.
2.1.4 Information We Automatically Collect from Your Use of the Roost Platform and Payment Services.
When you use the Roost Platform, we automatically collect personal information about the services you use and how you use them. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us, to enable us to comply with legal obligations and given our legitimate interest in being able to provide and improve the functionalities of the Roost Platform.
Geo-location Information. When you use certain features of the Roost Platform, we may collect information about your precise or approximate location as determined through data such as your IP address or mobile device’s GPS to offer you an improved user experience. Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services for applications in the device’s settings menu. Roost may also collect this information even when you are not using the app if this connection is enabled through your settings or device permissions.
- Usage Information. We collect information about your interactions with the Roost Platform such as the pages or content you view, your searches for cities and events, bookings you have made, and other actions on the Roost Platform.
- Log Data and Device Information. We automatically collect log data and device information when you access and use the Roost Platform, even if you have not created a Roost Account or logged in. That information includes, but is not limited to: details about how you’ve used the Roost Platform (including if you clicked on links to third-party applications), IP address, access dates and times, hardware and software information, device information, device event information, unique identifiers, crash data, cookie data, and the pages you’ve viewed or engaged with before or after using the Roost Platform.
- Do Not Track Signals. While you may disable the usage of cookies through your browser settings, the Roost Platform currently does not respond to a “Do Not Track” signal in the HTTP header from your browser or mobile application due to lack of standardization regarding how that signal should be interpreted.
- Payment Transaction Information. Roost and the Payments Data Controller (Stripe) may collect information related to your payment transactions through the Roost Platform, including the payment instrument used, date and time, payment amount, payment instrument expiration date and billing postcode, PayPal email address, IBAN information, your address and other related transaction details. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you, Roost, and the Payments Data Controller, and to provide Roosters the ability to pay on the Roost Platform.
2.1.5 Information We Collect from Third Parties.
Roost may collect information, including personal information, that others provide about you when they use the Roost Platform, or obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through the Roost Platform. We do not control, supervise or respond for how the third parties providing your information process your Personal Information, and any information request regarding the disclosure of your personal information to us should be directed to such third parties.
- Third-Party Services. Third-party services may send us information about you. This information varies and is controlled by that service or as authorized by you via your privacy settings at that service.
- Reviews of You. If someone has written a review of you (including rating you), it contents may be published on your Roost profile page without your consent.
- Background Information. Roost may obtain reports from public records of criminal convictions or sex offender registrations. We may use your information, including your full name and date of birth, to obtain such reports. To conduct our background checks we may share this information with third-party service providers and/or partners. For questions or concerns about the privacy and security of your personal information, please review the relevant third parties’ Privacy Policies and Data Processing Agreement. By using the Roost platform you are bound by all of the third-parties’ terms and policies.
- Referrals. If you are invited to Roost, the person who invited you may submit personal information about you such as your email address or other contact information.
- Other Sources. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data or information to help detect fraud and safety issues, from third-party service providers and/or partners, and combine it with information we have about you. For example, we may receive background check results or fraud warnings from service providers like identity verification services for our fraud prevention and risk assessment efforts. We may receive information about you and your activities on and off the Roost Platform through partnerships, social media, or about your experiences and interactions from our partner ad networks.
2.2 Children’s Data.
The Roost Platform is not directed to children under 18 and we do not knowingly collect any personal information directly from children under 18 unless stated it is information pertaining to a co-traveler. If you believe that we processing the personal information pertaining to a child inappropriately, we take this very seriously and urge you to contact us.
3. How we use the information we collect
We may use, store, and process personal information to (1) provide, understand, improve, and develop the Roost Platform, (2) create and maintain a trusted and safer environment (such as to comply with our legal obligations and ensure compliance with Roost Policies) and (3) provide, personalize, measure, and improve our advertising and marketing.
3.1 Provide Accommodations Via Third Parties. We may use the personal information to book and provide you with an Accommodation. We may be required to provide a third party Accommodation Provider, Global Distribution System, or Online Travel Agency with your personal information, including payment information. For questions or concerns about the privacy and security of your personal information and personal payment information, please review the relevant third parties’ Privacy Policies and Data Processing Agreement. By using the Roost platform you agree to and are bound by all of the relevant third parties’ terms and policies.
3.2 Provide, Improve, and Develop the Roost Platform. We may use the personal information to provide, improve, and develop the Roost Platform such as to:
- enable you to access and use the Roost Platform,
- enable you to communicate with other Roosters,
- operate, protect, improve, and optimize the Roost Platform and experience, such as by performing analytics and conducting research,
- provide customer support and service,
- send you service or support messages, updates, security alerts, and account notifications,
- if you provide us with your contacts’ information, we may process this information: (i) to facilitate your referral invitations, (ii) send your requests for references, (iii) for fraud detection and prevention, and (iv) for any purpose you authorize at the time of collection,
- to operate, protect, improve, and optimize the Roost Platform and experience, personalize and customize your experience, and investigate claims and reports,
- conduct profiling based on your interactions with the Roost Platform, other Roosters, your search and booking history, your profile information and preferences, and other content you submit to the Roost Platform.
We process this personal information for these purposes given our legitimate interest in improving the Roost Platform and our Roosters’ experience with it, and where it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract with you.
3.3 Create and Maintain a Trusted and Safer Environment. We may use personal information to create and maintain a trusted and safer environment such as to:
- detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful activity,
- conduct security investigations and risk assessments,
- verify or authenticate information or identifications provided by you (such as to verify your Accommodation address or compare your identification photo to another photo you provide),
- conduct checks against databases and other information sources, including background or police checks, to the extent permitted by applicable laws and with your consent where required,
- comply with our legal obligations,
- Resolve any disputes with any of our Roosters and enforce our agreements with third parties,
- enforce our Terms of Service and other policies,
- in connection with the activities above, we may conduct profiling based on your interactions with the Roost Platform, your profile information and other content you submit to the Roost Platform, and information obtained from third parties. In limited cases, automated processes may restrict or suspend access to the Roost Platform if such processes detect activity that we think poses a safety or other risk to the Roost Platform, our community, or third parties. If you challenge our decision based on the automated process, please contact us.
- We process this personal information for these purposes given our legitimate interest in protecting the Roost Platform, to measure the adequate performance of our contract with you, and to comply with applicable laws.
3.4 Provide, Personalize, Measure, and Improve our Advertising and Marketing. We may use the personal information to provide, personalize, measure, and improve our advertising and marketing such as to:
- send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you based on your preferences (including information about Roost or partner campaigns and services) and social media advertising through social media platforms such as Facebook or Google),
- personalize, measure, and improve our advertising,
- Administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by Roost or its third party partners,
- conduct profiling on your characteristics and preferences (based on the information you provide to us, your interactions with the Roost Platform, information obtained from third parties, and your search and booking history) to send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising and other information that we think may be of interest to you,
- enrolling in an email subscription will not affect the frequency of administrative emails that we may send in connection with any Roost Account. No fee is charged for sending promotional emails to you, but third-party data rates may apply. Note that you may not be able to take advantage of certain promotions if you do not have a Roost Account, and
- invite you to events and relevant opportunities
We will process your personal information for the purposes listed in this section given our legitimate interest in undertaking marketing activities to offer you products or services that may be of your interest.
3.5 How the Payments Data Controller uses the Personal Information Collected. They may use the personal information to:
- Enable you to pay through the Roost Platform.
- Detect and prevent fraud, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful activity.
- Conduct security investigations and risk assessments.
- Conduct checks against databases and other information sources.
- Comply with legal obligations (such as anti-money laundering regulations).
- Enforce their Terms and Policies.
- With your consent, send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you based on your preferences.
3.6 SMS Text Message Terms
Roost will use reasonable commercial efforts to deliver the automated marketing text messages to the number you provide through compatible wireless carriers. Carriers and Roost are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages. The shortcode we use for some Text Message Services may not be supported on all U.S. carriers.
By Opting In to a Text Message Service:
- You expressly authorize Roost to use autodialer or non-autodialer technology to send text messages to the cell phone number associated with your Opt-In (i.e., the number listed on the Opt-In form or instructions, or, if none, the number from which you send the Opt-In, or, if none, the number on file for your account). You also authorize Roost to include marketing content in any such messages. You do not have to Opt-In or agree to Opt-In as a condition of purchase.
- You consent to the use of an electronic record to document your Opt-In.
- You confirm that you are the subscriber to the relevant phone number or that you are the customary user of that number on a family or business plan and that you are authorized to Opt-In.
- You consent to the use of an electronic record to document your Opt-In. To withdraw that consent, update our records with your contact information, please visit your Roost Profile Notifications settings.
- You acknowledge and agree that Roost will not be held liable for damage that occurs from a text message that is not received.
- These SMS Terms still will apply if you withdraw the consent mentioned above or Opt-out of the Text Message Service.
After Opting In, in addition to the main messages the service offers, you may receive one or more welcome messages or administrative messages, such as (in some cases) a request to confirm your Opt-In.
About the Text Message Services and Opting Out
Message and data rates may apply. Unless otherwise noted, Text Message Services send multiple, recurring messages. Roost may terminate any Text Message Service or your participation in it at any time with or without notice, including, for example, before you have received any or all messages that you otherwise would have received, but these SMS Terms still will apply.
3.7 Your Choices
You have choices on the promotional messages that you choose to receive.
- You can limit the information you provide to Roost. Participation in promotions and marketing programs is voluntary.
- You can limit the communications that Roost sends to you.
- To opt-out of marketing emails, simply click the link labeled “unsubscribe” at the bottom of any marketing email we send you or access the notification settings in your Roost Account.
- To revoke permissions that you may have given to send promotional text messages, text STOP in response to any message.
- You can always update your notification settings within your Roost Account by visiting the Notifications section of your Roost Account. Please note that even if you opt-out of marketing communications, we may still need to contact you with important transactional information about your account. For example, even if you opt-out of emails, we may still send you activity confirmations or fraud alerts.
4. Sharing and Disclosure
4.1 Advertising and Social Media; Sharing With Your Consent.
Where you have provided consent, we share your information, including personal information, as described at the time of consent, such as when you authorize a third-party application or website to access your Roost Account or when you participate in promotional activities conducted by Roost partners or third parties.
Where permissible according to applicable law we may use certain limited personal information about you, such as your email address, to hash it and to share it with social media platforms, such as Facebook or Google, to generate leads, drive traffic to our websites or otherwise promote the Roost Platform. These processing activities are based on our legitimate interest in undertaking marketing activities to offer you products or services that may be of your interest.
The social media platforms with which we may share your personal information are not controlled or supervised by Roost. Therefore, any questions regarding how your social media platform service provider processes your personal information should be directed to such provider.
Please note that you may contact us at any time ask Roost to cease processing your data for these direct marketing purposes.
4.2 Sharing between Roosters.
To help facilitate bookings or other interactions between Roosters, we need to share certain information, including personal information, with other Roosters, as it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us, as follows:
- When a Rooster completes a Booking, certain information about you is shared with Potential Roommates. This information includes your first name, the first name of your Co-traveler, your trip destination, your trip history, Reviews and Ratings of you, photos, and other information you agree to share. When you match with a Roommate, we may disclose additional information with them such as your cell phone number, last name, and trip dates.
- We will never share your email address with a Potential Roommate. As a reminder, for the safety of all Roosters and to aid Roost in resolving reports and claims, we reccommend that communication between Roosters should take place on the Roost Platform through our messaging interface.
- If your any Potential Roommate or Roommate is traveling with a Co-traveler, you authorize the Co-traveler to access the same information and Rooster Content, including but not limited to certain information like your profile and full name. When you as a Rooster invite a Co-traveler, your Co-traveler’s first name and other related information will be shared with all Potential Roommates and your Roommate.
- While Co-travelers will not have access to trip details in their Roost Accounts, when you matched with a Roommate who is traveling with a Co-traveler, the information that is accessible to the registered Rooster may be viewed by their Co-traveler.
We never share your payment information with other Roosters.
4.3 Sharing with Accommodation Providers.
To help facilitate bookings, we may need to share certain information, including personal information and trip dates with Accommodation Providers, as it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us, as follows:
- When a Rooster completes a Booking, certain information about you is shared with Accommodation Providers in order to facilitate your reservation with them. This information includes your full name, the full name of your Co-traveler (if applicable), your accommodation preferences (i.e., 2-star hotel), any special accessibility requests, and in some cases your payment information.
- We may need to share additional information with Accommodation Providers including your email address and phone number.
- The Accommodation Providers with which we may share your personal information with are not controlled or supervised by Roost. Therefore, any questions regarding how Accommodation Providers process your personal information should be directed to such provider.
4.3 Public Information.
The Roost Platform lets you publish information, including personal information, that is visible to the general public. For example:
- Reviews and Ratings are a part of your Roost Profile and may also be surfaced elsewhere on the Roost Platform or in marketing materials.
- If you submit content in a community or discussion forum, blog or social media post, or use a similar feature on the Roost Platform, that content is publicly visible.
Based on our legitimate interest to promote the Roost Platform we may display parts of the Roost Platform on sites operated by Roost’s business partners, using technologies such as widgets or APIs. If your profile is displayed on a partner’s site, information from your public profile page may also be displayed.
Information you share publicly on the Roost Platform may be indexed through third party search engines. If you change any of your public-facing content, these search engines may not update their databases. We do not control the practices of third party search engines, and they may use caches containing your outdated information.
4.4 Compliance with Law, Responding to Legal Requests, Preventing Harm and Protection of our Rights.
Roost may disclose your information, including personal information, to courts, law enforcement, governmental authorities, tax authorities, or authorized third parties, if and to the extent we are required or permitted to do so by law or if such disclosure is reasonably necessary: (i) to comply with our legal obligations, (ii) to comply with legal process and to respond to claims asserted against Roost, (iii) to respond to valid requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other of our users to legal liability, (iv) to enforce and administer our Terms of Service, Policies, or other agreements with Roosters, or (v) to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Roost, its employees, its Roosters, or Roosters of the public.
These disclosures may be necessary to comply with our legal obligations, for the protection of your or another person's vital interests or for the purposes of our or a third party’s legitimate interest in keeping the Roost Platform secure, preventing harm or crime, enforcing or defending legal rights, facilitating the collection of taxes and prevention of tax fraud or preventing damage.
Where appropriate, we may notify Roosters about legal requests unless: (i) providing notice is prohibited by the legal process itself, by court order we receive, or by applicable law, or (ii) we believe that providing notice would be futile, ineffective, create a risk of injury or bodily harm to an individual or group, or create or increase a risk of fraud upon Roost’s property, its Roosters and the Roost Platform. In instances where we comply with legal requests without notice for these reasons, we will attempt to notify that Rooster about the request after the fact where appropriate and where we determine in good faith that we are no longer prevented from doing so.
4.6 Service Providers.
Roost uses a variety of third-party service providers to help us provide services related to the Roost Platform and among other things conduct background checks and process payments. Service providers may be located inside or outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
For example, service providers may help us: (i) verify your identity or authenticate your identification documents, (ii) check information against public databases, (iii) conduct background or police checks, fraud prevention, and risk assessment, (iv) perform product development, maintenance and debugging, (v) allow the provision of the Roost Services through third party platforms and software tools (e.g. through the integration with our APIs), (vi) provide customer service, advertising, or payments services, or (vii) process, handle or assess insurance claims or other similar claims. These providers are not controlled or supervised by Roost. Therefore, any questions regarding how they process your personal information should be directed to such provider.
4.7 Occupancy Taxes.
In jurisdictions where Roost facilitates the Collection and Remittance of Occupancy Taxes as described in the “Taxes” section of the Terms of Service, Roosters, where legally permissible according to applicable law, expressly grant us permission, without further notice, to disclose their data and other information relating to them or to their transactions, bookings, Accommodations and Occupancy Taxes to the relevant tax authority.
4.8 Business Transfers.
4.9 Aggregated Data.
We may also share aggregated information (Rooster’s information that we combine together so that it no longer identifies or references an individual Rooster) and other anonymized information for regulatory compliance, industry and market analysis, research, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes.
5. Other Important Information
5.1 Analyzing your Communications.
We may review, scan, or analyze your communications on the Roost Platform for fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, product development, research, analytics, and customer support purposes. In some cases, we may also scan, review, or analyze messages to debug, improve, and expand product offerings. We use automated methods where reasonably possible. However, occasionally we may need to manually review some communications, such as for fraud investigations and customer support, or to assess and improve the functionality of these automated tools. We will not review, scan, or analyze your messaging communications to send third party marketing messages to you, and we will not sell reviews or analyses of these communications.
These activities are carried out based on Roost's legitimate interest in ensuring compliance with applicable laws and our Terms, preventing fraud, promoting safety, and improving and ensuring the adequate performance of our services.
5.2 Linking Third-Party Accounts.
If available, you may link your Roost Account with your account at a third party social networking service. Your contacts on these third-party services are referred to as “Friends.” When you create this link:
- some of the information you provide to us from the linking of your accounts may be published on your Roost Account profile;
- your activities on the Roost Platform may be displayed to your Friends on the Roost Platform and/or that third party site;
- a link to your public profile on that third party social networking service may be included in your Roost public profile;
- other Roost users may be able to see any common Friends that you may have with them, or that you are a Friend of their Friend if applicable;
- other Roost users may be able to see any groups you have in common with them as listed on your linked social networking service;
- the information you provide to us from the linking of your accounts may be stored, processed and transmitted for fraud prevention and risk assessment purposes; and
- the publication and display of information that you provide to Roost through this linkage is subject to your settings and authorizations on the Roost Platform and the third party site.
We only collect your information from linked third party accounts to the extent necessary to ensure the adequate performance of our contract with you, or to ensure that we comply with applicable laws, or with your consent.
5.3 Third Party Partners & Integrations
The Roost Platform may contain links to third party websites or services, such as third party integrations, co-branded services, or third party-branded services (“Third Party Partners”). Roost doesn’t own or control these Third Party Partners and when you interact with them, you may be providing information directly to the Third Party Partner, Roost, or both. These Third Party Partners will have their own rules about the collection, use, and disclosure of information. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of the other websites you visit.
Parts of the Roost Platform may use third party services. Use of these respective services is subject to their privacy policies.
6. Your Rights
You may exercise any of the rights described in this section before your applicable Roost Data Controller by contacting us. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity and request before taking further action on your request.
6.1 Managing Your Information.
You may access and update some of your information through your Profile settings. If you have chosen to connect your Roost Account to a third-party application, like Facebook or Google, you can change your settings and remove permission for the app by changing your Account settings. You are responsible for keeping your personal information up-to-date.
6.2 Rectification of Inaccurate or Incomplete Information.
You have the right to ask us to correct inaccurate or incomplete personal information about you (and which you cannot update yourself within your Roost Account).
6.3 Data Access and Portability.
In some jurisdictions, applicable law may entitle you to request copies of your personal information held by us. You may also be entitled to request copies of personal information that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and/or request us to transmit this information to another service provider (where technically feasible).
6.4 Data Retention and Erasure.
We generally retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us and to comply with our legal obligations. In certain jurisdictions, you can request to have all your personal information deleted entirely." Please note that if you request the erasure of your personal information:
- We may retain some of your personal information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud detection and prevention and enhancing safety. For example, if we suspend a Roost Account for fraud or safety reasons, we may retain certain information from that Roost Account to prevent that Rooster from opening a new Roost Account in the future.
- We may retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations. For example, Roost and Roost Payments may keep some of your information for tax, legal reporting and auditing obligations.
- Information you have shared with others (e.g., Reviews, forum postings) may continue to be publicly visible on the Roost Platform, even after your Roost Account is canceled. Additionally, some copies of your information (e.g., log records) may remain in our database, but are disassociated from personal identifiers.
- Because we maintain the Roost Platform to protect from accidental or malicious loss and destruction, residual copies of your personal information may not be removed from our backup systems for a limited period of time.
6.5 Withdrawing Consent and Restriction of Processing.
If we are processing your personal information based on your consent you may withdraw your consent at any time by sending a communication to Roost specifying which consent you are withdrawing. Please note that the withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of any processing activities based on such consent before its withdrawal. Additionally, in some jurisdictions, applicable law may give you the right to limit the ways in which we use your personal information, in particular, where (i) you contest the accuracy of your personal information; (ii) the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of your personal information; (iii) we no longer need your personal information for the purposes of the processing, but you require the information for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; or (iv) you have objected to the processing pursuant to Section 6.6 and pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of Roost override your own.
6.6 Objection to Processing.
In some jurisdictions, applicable law may entitle you to require Roost not to process your personal information for certain specific purposes (including profiling) where such processing is based on legitimate interest. If you object to such processing Roost will no longer process your personal information for these purposes unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for such processing or such processing is required for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Where your personal information is processed for direct marketing purposes, you may, at any time ask Roost to cease processing your data for these direct marketing purposes by sending us an email.
You have the right to lodge complaints about our data processing activities by filing a complaint. Contact us for more info.
We are continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your information against unauthorized access, loss, destruction, or alteration. Some of the safeguards we use to protect your information are firewalls and data encryption, and information access controls. If you know or have reason to believe that your Roost Account credentials have been lost, stolen, misappropriated, or otherwise compromised or in case of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of your Roost Account, please contact us.
9. Contact Us