STEP 1: Choose your hotel
- Like Hotwire, choose a class of hotel (2, 3, or 4-star) and the neighborhood(s) you want to stay in.
- Enter your payment details to reserve your room. You'll find out the name of your hotel once you match with a roommate and 50% of your booking total will automatically be refunded to your card.
- You can cancel your booking for free at any time up to 3 days before your check-in date or before you match with a roommate.
STEP 2: Choose your roommate
- If necessary, follow the prompts to create your account and roommate profile.
- Once you complete your booking you can view profiles of all potential roommates going to your destination on your dates. View photos, read reviews, and learn about what they’re like. Filter roommate profiles by sex, age, rating, and other personal preferences.
- Indicate who you’re comfortable sharing a room with by tagging those profiles. You’ll only match with a roommate if you mutually tag each other.
STEP 3: Match and save 50%
- Once you match with a roommate you'll find out the name of your hotel and we'll send you your reservation confirmation. 50% of your booking total will automatically be refunded to your card.
- Coordinate check-in with your roommate. We recommend checking in to the hotel at the same time if possible. If you can't check in together you should contact your hotel directly.
- If you do not match with a roommate by 3 days before your check-in date, you’ll stay in your own private room.
STEP 4: Check in and enjoy your trip
- Check in, meet your roommate in person, and enjoy your stay, knowing you saved big with Roost!
- You must bring your government-issued ID and your credit/debit card. The hotel will ask for these to verify your identity and cover any incidental charges to the room. The name on your ID must match your Roost account and what's listed on your hotel reservation.